We are nearly there and, believe us, we are ready to begin the next stage! There is plenty of craziness to go around before we hit the ground. We leave in 1 week for about 3 1/2 weeks in the Kansas City area. Our family will drive up to Iowa for a couple days with Mike's grandparents and extended family before beginning our three weeks of training with Avant.
It is a little stunning to realize that our four weeks back in Washington have whittled down to one and we are nearly out the door again, but we are looking forward to this time away for a number of reasons.
- We love spending time with Avant and learning and growing through our times with them.
- This is the last milestone before reaching 100% financial support, applying for our visas, purchasing our one-way tickets, and actually getting on the airplane.
- We haven't seen Mr. Motorcycle's Dad's family in quite some time and Mr. Motorcycle's grandparents' health is failing. We are thankful for this time to spend with them before they take off to see our Heavenly Father.
Things that will be happening in the next few months (well, after KC):
- Steph has a milestone birthday (but I don't think anyone is going to make me a Thomas the Train cake ;( - it's ok, I prefer pie or brownies anyhow)
- Mr. Motorcycle treks off to Zambia and Tanzania for three weeks+ in September to move our stuff in storage (please pray as he's not exactly sure where he is moving it to, it just needs to move at this point) and to survey the language school and some other sites for ministry in Tanzania
- We have a few quick weeks to celebrate our leaving, prepare all our stuff, tie up loose ends, pack, etc then we are off mid-October to Colorado for a Missions Week and catching our ministry partner from Zambia's wedding in California the next weekend
- Then it truly is the final countdown of weeks and then days before we depart- looking at the 2nd or maybe the 3rd week of November
So, now that you know... if you want to catch us before we go, make sure to pin us down on a date! We would love to spend time with as many people as possible, but you can imagine we'll need to be intentional about it. Don't hesitate to send us an email!
Thank you and we'll keep you updated on the journey from here!
Steph and Mr. Motorcycle